Sunday, October 23, 2022

Find a Sport!

 Find a Sport That Interests YOU!

Welcome to another post related to "Tips on Living a Physically Active Life!" Today's topic is about finding a sport that interests you. As children, we all found a sport that we found interesting, and some of us have continued with it throughout our teenage to collegiate years. Basketball was my sport and still is. I have played for a total of 16 years, have played at the Division I level, and now play here at Slippery Rock. That was my motivation in helping me stay physically active so I was prepared to execute to the best of my ability in my sport. I have kept my mind and body in shape by playing basketball and now shape it to be a certain way to excel on the court. Below is an action shot of me playing at USNA in our annual Army vs Navy game. 


However, by engaging in a sport does not mean you have to perform that sport throughout your life like I did. Most adults now enjoy golfing or going tennis and performing other interests in relation to sports. By being active in those activities, continues a physically active life. Individuals that do not play a sport in college still interacted with them at a younger age, which sparks the want to keep their body physically active. Everyone loves watching sports but being involved in them is a simple way to live a physically active life. What is your favorite sport to partake in?

7 comments:

  1. I definitely think that getting into a sport is very beneficial, no matter how small it is. It keeps you active to the point of doing so much without even realizing it. It can be very hard though for sure if you couldn't find one to do at a young age. I know it was for me since I was kept up inside my house a lot as a kid. My favorite sport to partake in is probably frisbee since I feel it is something everyone is able to do with enough precision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with your post with sport being beneficial at any age. For me, I was always big into baseball growing up, but then when I was in middle school that changed to Track & Field. Which led me into playing football. So, you never know what ways life will take you. Regardless, sports has sparked my passion for fitness & health and I would not even know where life would have taken me if I did not find this passion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you mentioned that not everyone plays the same sport throughout their life. For me, I started playing soccer by the time I could walk, up until I got to college, but had to end there because I focused on ice hockey instead. I played ice hockey from ages 6-now. My goal was to play at the D1 level, but instead of playing on a not as good D1 team I decided to play on one of the top 3 D3 teams. However, I learned very quickly that being a college athlete wasn't for me and that I wanted to be able to experience other things that would bring me more joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with your statement about sport being beneficial at any age. Growing up, I was always a big baseball fan, but by middle school, I had switched to Track & Field. As a result, I began playing football. So you never know where life will lead you. Regardless, sports sparked my passion for fitness and health, and I don't know where my life would have taken me if I hadn't discovered this passion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristina I completely agree with this statement! Growing up I played every sport there was and I enjoyed playing them all, but none of them interested me more than football. You have to play a sport you actually love and care about, because if you play it for any other reasons, you won't be happy because you don't have that same passion you would for that other sport. Your love for the sport plays a huge roll in the sport you play because if you love it, you will do anything to succeed. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great post. I like how you mentioned that sports doesn't have to be something lifelong. I think sports are helpful for a lot of people because they could just be a hobby or something critical in your life. I also think this is a great way of exercise. When you're doing something you enjoy you don't even realize you're working out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with this blog. I've played sports all my life and was fortunate enough to play basketball here at SRU, although if I didn't play here I would be playing sports somewhere. Sports is one of the main reasons I love being physically active!

    ReplyDelete

Stretch!

  Stretch! It's Important... Welcome to another post about "Tips to Living a Physically Active Life!" Today's topic is one...